The following Official Rules apply to any and all promotions of the Texas A&M Foundation in the form of sweepstakes, contests or giveaways or other participatory response offers, for example surveys or photo contests (collectively referred to for the purpose of the rules as “promotions”).
1. Texas A&M Foundation promotions are open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) who are age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Promotions are void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Texas A&M Foundation, Sponsor of the promotions, and their families or any persons residing at the employee’s address are ineligible. For this purpose “family” includes a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent/grandchildren (step, adopted or half included as applicable).
2. Entry must be by online access only. Entrants must have access to the Internet at all times during the promotion and subsequent prize-award period.
3. Entries must be received as stated in the announcement for each promotion. Only one entry per e-mail address or social media username is permitted. Winners will be selected by random drawing by the Foundation or online audience voting as stipulated for each promotion. Times and dates of the drawings will vary as stipulated online for each promotion. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified within 24 hours of the final deadline, first by phone, then by e-mail or (if available on the social media site) the communications function of the specific social media outlet. Winners will have 24 hours from the time the Foundation notified them to respond. If the Foundation does not receive a response from the winner within 24 hours of the original notification, the Foundation will award the prize to the next respondent in line. If the winner indicates on the form that he or she has a College Station or Bryan address, winners will be asked to pick up their prize from the Texas A&M Foundation’s Jon L. Hagler Center. Otherwise, prizes will be mailed to the address submitted with the form.
4. Specific prizes as described in each promotion will be awarded to a single winner per promotion, selected as described in the announcement for each promotion. The approximate retail value of each prize is under $150. The prizes will be sent via commercial delivery service to the address provided by the winner. The Foundation is not responsible for prizes that are lost or delayed in delivery. In instances when prizes are in the form of tickets to events, unless otherwise stipulated by the Foundation, winners are responsible for arranging transportation, lodging, food and any other logistical needs necessary to attend the event.
5. No alternative to the prize as described will be awarded. A cash value equivalent will not be awarded. Winners must be available to attend any event on the date of the ticket awarded. No alternative date, seating or location will be available. Any taxes owed as a result of winning are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Texas A&M Foundation is not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, including incomplete or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or for any technical errors of the Foundation, the participant or the site on which the promotion is conducted. The Foundation has the right to terminate or cancel the promotion at any time due to inability to conduct the promotions due to technological, legal or regulatory requirements.
7. The Sponsor is a Texas non-profit corporation the legal name of which is Texas A&M Foundation. The address for the Sponsor is 401 George Bush Drive, College Station, Texas.
9. PARTICIPANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE FOUNDATION AND ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND AGENTS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR RELATED ACTIVITY CONDUCTED BY SPONSOR